WE-TRENCH2022 – Web Engineering from the Trenches
– CANCELED –
Many engineering approaches were proposed for the development of Web software during the last decades and many of them have been presented at ICWE conferences and associated workshops. Some last longer than others, they evolved, they grew up, they have been used in academic and industrial projects.
We are interested in experience reports, success stories of these Web engineering approaches and in disasters as well. Thus, the aim of the workshop is a critical discussion of the lessons learned and improvements needed. We would like to promote the debate about what lines of interest or solutions are currently being demanded by the industry and what academia could contribute.
The workshop aims to collect examples of how to provide bridges from the theory to the practice, showing also problems in knowledge transfer. It should provide important feedback for improving Web Engineering techniques, methods and approaches.
WE-Trench22 invites submissions from both academia and industry about any of the following topics of interest, but not limited to:
- Industrial experiences in Agile Web development with a DevOps approach.
- Web application examples developed with a domain specific modelling language in practice.
- Projects that use Model-Driven Engineering (MDE) for the development of Web applications.
- Practical use of patterns in the design and components in the implementation of concrete Web applications.
- Real examples for Web software architecture modelling.
- Requirements engineering approaches for the Web in practice.
- Evolution of Web applications models in practice.
- Usability, efficiency and effectiveness of existing tools and frameworks in Web Engineering, reverse engineering and re-engineering of Web applications in practice.
- Stakeholder communication problems related to the use of Web engineering approaches.
- Cyber-security by Design approach for Web applications in industrial environment.
- Experience reports on testing methods and tools for the development of Web applications.
- User experience design methods and techniques applied in practice for the development of Web applications.
WE-Trench22 considers three types of papers:
- Full papers oriented to present elaborated research results. They should be no more than 8 pages long in LNCS format.
- Position papers oriented to present topics that are still in an experimental phase or a short sketch of industrial results. They should not exceed 3 pages.
- Power point presentations, which should include abstract, motivation, background, literature references and sufficient notes to make them understandable and evaluable for reviewers.
- Abstract submission deadline: April 24, 2022 2022 (AoE Time)
May 9, 2022 (AoE Time) EXTENDED!
- Paper/presentation submission deadline: May 2, 2022 (AoE Time)
May 11, 2022 (AoE Time) EXTENDED!
- Notification of acceptance: June 7, 2022
- Paper Final Version: June 24, 2022
- Workshop day: July 5, 2022
- Camera-ready: July 29, 2022
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.